Anaerobic Digestion is one of the most complex and multi faceted renewable energy systems to manage.
What is anaerobic digestion?
Anaerobic digestion is a biological process in which plant and animal materials are broken down and converted into gas and digestate by micro-organisms in the absence of oxygen. This process releases biogas which is c.60% methane and 40% carbon dioxide, which can be used directly to provide heat and power. Biogas can also be purified by removal of the carbon dioxide to produce biomethane, which can be fed directly into the natural gas grid network to be used in homes, businesses or as a transport fuel.
The benefits of anaerobic digestion:
• Delivering Net Zero
• Improving sustainable farming
• Developing national energy security
The types of materials suitable for anaerobic digestion include:
• Food waste
• Brewery and dairy by-products
• Slurry and manure
• Crops and crop residue
Looking to recycle any of these products? Please contact us.
Why Raw Energy?
- Raw Energy have over ten years of experience in anaerobic digestion. Our own development Charlton Park Biogas is based near our head office.
- HoSt Bioenergy Systems “If you want to know how a project should be managed during the implementation phase, then look at Charlton Park AD. HoSt is proud to have been chosen as technology provider for the project, which was smoothly developed and implemented by Raw Energy. The project is now in operation for a year and showing a stable performance, providing renewable energy to UK’s natural gas grid. We are looking forward to any future collaboration with Raw Energy and are proud to be part of the UK’s renewable energy transition”.
Email Us: [email protected]
Call Us: +44 (0) 1285 889869
Home Solar & Battery Storage
We focus on offering our customers excellent value for money and proving tangible benefits. Start your solar journey with us today.
Commercial Solar & Storage
We can help you maximise energy savings and allow load shifting with our cutting-edge commercial solar and battery solutions.
We advise domestic, commercial and utility parties on all aspects of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
We have extensive experience in looking after all renewable technology and our in-house experts will look after your asset as if it is our own.
© 2023 RAW Energy Ltd
Company number: 08287787
Design by Amey&Co